Handepay Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is HANDEPAY Limited of Westway Park, Galway Crescent, Haydock WA11 0GR.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
All personal data and any other information which we may collect from you and about you will be processed fairly and lawfully in accordance with our obligations under current UK data protection legislation.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us – You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.handepaydirect.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to any service which we provide, search for a product, obtain a quote, place an order via our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site (where available), and when you report any problem with our site or the services which we provide via our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and business requirements.
- Information we collect about you – With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources – We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us – We will use this information:
to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us; to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about; to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data; to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- if you are a company or an unincorporated business, to search records of individuals who are your major shareholders, directors, principals, partners, other officers, guarantors and/or indemnifiers;
- Information we collect about you – We will use this information:
to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
to help us make decisions about credit and credit-related services for individuals and members of their household;
to help us make decisions on motor, household, credit, life and other insurance proposals and insurance claims for the individuals and members of their household;
to trace debtors, recover debt, prevent fraud and to manage individuals’ accounts or insurance policies; to check individuals’ identity to prevent money laundering, unless the individual furnishes us with other satisfactory proof of identity;
for training purposes, credit or financial assessments (including establishing credit limits for the benefit of other clients), market research and product analysis and preparing statistics, and may be used by us and any associated companies for marketing purposes and to recover monies and prevent fraud and money laundering; for statistical analysis relating to credit, insurance and fraud.
- Information we receive from other sources – We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- When searching your record at one or more credit reference agencies from time to time for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you. You should be aware that these agencies will add to your record details of our searches and this will be seen by other organisations carrying out later searches.
- When checking your details with one or more fraud prevention agencies and recording any false or inaccurate information; if we suspect fraud, we will record this.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Handepay Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If you wish to transfer to any business providing a similar service to ours, including (without limitation) insurers, guarantors and professional advisors to whom you may wish to transfer, any business to which we may wish to transfer our rights or duties and any merchant acquirer who we consider may be suitable for your business.
- By adding to your record with any relevant credit reference agency the details of any agreement with us and your performance under it.
- To help us make decisions about credit and credit-related services for individuals and members of their household.
- To help us make decisions on motor, household, credit, life and other insurance proposals and insurance claims for the individuals and members of their household.
- To trace debtors, recover debt, prevent fraud and to manage individuals’ accounts or insurance policies.
- To check individuals’ identity to prevent money laundering, unless the individual furnishes us with other satisfactory proof of identity.
- For statistical analysis relating to credit, insurance and fraud.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology]. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Handepay Merchant Services, of Westway Park, Galway Crescent, Haydock WA11 0GR. with the subject “Data Protection” stating your full name, contact details and your request.
You may wish us to amend or delete information we hold, to have details of the credit reference and fraud prevention agencies from whom we obtain and with whom we record information about you or to stop our using it for one or more of the purposes set out above. In this event, or if you have any other enquiry relating to your data, please write to us at the address listed above.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.